Position : TRAVEL CONSULTANT
Vacancies : 1
Experience : 2 YEARS
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaising with clients in person, over the phone or via email to discuss their travel requirements.
- Advising clients on suitable options for domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares.
- Preparing customized itineraries to suit the clients’ preferences and budget.
- Making and confirming bookings, often via a Global Distribution System (computerized central reservation system).
- Issuing tickets or relevant documents.
- Providing up to date advice on travel regulations including visa and medical requirements, baggage limits, safety and local customs.
- Modifying existing bookings to suit a change in clients’ circumstances.
- Researching destinations and keeping up to date with travel industry news.
- Ongoing training with other team members and management.
- Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds.
- Attend travel seminars to remain updated with tourism trends.
- Enter data into our software and maintain client files.
- Network with tour operators.
- Meet profit and sales targets.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven work experience as a travel agent.
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservations systems, GDS ( Amadeus ) systems and e-traveling.
- Fluency in English; multilingualism is a plus.
- Strong sales skills and commercial awareness.
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively.
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends.
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field. Personal travel experience will be considered an advantage.